IBM Mellanox Connect X-3 10GbE Adapter
Mellanox Connect X-3 10GbE Adapter for IBM System x
High-performance computing (HPC) solutions require high bandwidth, low latency components with CPU offloads to get the highest server efficiency and application productivity. The Mellanox ConnectX-3 FDR VPI InfiniBand/Ethernet and 10 Gb Ethernet adapters for IBM® System x® deliver the I/O performance that meets these requirements.
Mellanox ConnectX-3 delivers low latency, high bandwidth, and computing efficiency for performance-driven server and storage clustering applications. Efficient computing is achieved by offloading from the CPU routine activities, which makes more processor power available for the application. Network protocol processing and data movement impacts, such as InfiniBand RDMA and Send/Receive semantics, are completed in the adapter without CPU intervention. The ConnectX-3 advanced acceleration technology enables higher cluster efficiency and scalability of up to tens of thousands of nodes.
The Mellanox Connect X-3 10GbE Adapter has the following features:
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Low-profile form factor adapter with 2U bracket
- PCI Express 3.0 x8 host-interface (PCIe 2.0 and 1.1 compatible)
- Enables Low Latency RDMA over Ethernet
- TCP/UDP/IP stateless offload in hardware
- Traffic steering across multiple cores
- Intelligent interrupt coalescence
- Advanced Quality of Service and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization
- Industry-leading throughput and latency performance
- Software compatible with standard TCP/UDP/IP stacks