APPLE 479B3K4 CTO:Z12A MBA 13IN M1 8C CPU 7C GPU 16GB 512GB GOLD BTOP
MacBook Air M1 (2020)
Power. It’s in the Air.
Our thinnest, lightest notebook, completely transformed by the Apple M1 chip. CPU speeds up to 3.5x faster. GPU speeds up to 5x faster. Our most advanced Neural Engine for up to 9x faster machine learning. The longest battery life ever in a MacBook Air. And a silent, fanless design. This much power has never been this ready to go.
Supercharged by the Apple M1 chip
Small chip. Giant leap.
It’s here. Our first chip designed specifically for Mac. Packed with an astonishing 16 billion transistors, the Apple M1 system on a chip (SoC) integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O, and so much more onto a single tiny chip. With incredible performance, custom technologies, and industry-leading power efficiency,1 M1 is not just a next step for Mac — it’s another level entirely.
8-core CPU Devours tasks. Sips battery.
M1 has the fastest CPU we’ve ever made. With that kind of processing speed, MacBook Air can take on new extraordinarily intensive tasks like professional-quality editing and action-packed gaming. But the 8‑core CPU on M1 isn‘t just up to 3.5x faster than the previous generation2 — it balances high-performance cores with efficiency cores that can still crush everyday jobs while using just a tenth of the power.
up to 8-core GPU Plays hard. Works wonders.
All-day battery life
Up to 18 hours of battery life. That’s 6 more hours, free of charge.
No fan. No noise. Just Air.
Up to 9x faster.14 Even for a 16‑core Neural Engine, that’s a lot to process. Apps on MacBook Air can use machine learning (ML) to automatically retouch photos like a pro, make smart tools such as magic wands and audio filters more accurate at auto‑detection, and so much more. That’s not just brain power — that’s the power of a full stack of ML technologies.
macOS Big Sur
The power of macOS Big Sur on M1.
Developed to unlock the potential of the M1 chip, macOS Big Sur transforms Mac with major performance benefits and so much more. Powerful updates for apps. A beautiful new design. Industry-leading privacy features and best‑in‑class security. It‘s our most powerful software ever — running on our most advanced hardware yet.
- Speed and responsiveness
The M1 chip and macOS Big Sur work together to make the entire system snappier. MacBook Air wakes instantly from sleep. Everyday tasks from flipping through photos to browsing Safari are faster. And your hardest-working apps all have access to the power they need.
More power. Wakes instantly.
- Biggest collection of apps ever
Run powerful apps built for M1. All your existing apps work thanks to Rosetta 2. And for the first time, you can use your favorite iPhone and iPad apps directly on macOS Big Sur. Altogether you’ll have access to the biggest collection of apps ever for Mac.
- Unified memory
The do‑it‑all notebook gets do‑the‑unbelievable memory. The M1 chip brings up to 16GB of superfast unified memory. This single pool of high‑bandwidth, low‑latency memory allows apps to share data between the CPU, GPU, and Neural Engine efficiently — so everything you do is fast and fluid.
- SSD storage
Up to 2TB SSD storage.Up to 2X faster SSD.
MacBook Air can keep a secret.
Lifelike colors for unreal beauty.
Images take on new levels of detail and realism on the brilliant 13.3‑inch, 2560‑by‑1600-resolution Retina display. Text is sharp and clear. Colors are more vibrant than ever. And the glass goes right to the edge of the enclosure, so nothing takes away from your gorgeous view.
Camera and mics
- P3 wide color gamut
A wider palette of colors on display. 25% more colors than sRGB
- Pixel density
Razor sharp text clarity.
- True Tone technology
Good looking. And easy on the eyes. MacBook Air automatically adjusts the white point of your display to the color temperature of your environment for a more natural viewing experience.
You’re live on the Air.
The image signal processor in the M1 chip helps you look your best for every FaceTime call and video conference. Three built‑in microphones make sure what you say gets heard whether you’re on a call, dictating a note, or asking Siri about the weather.
- FaceTime HD camera
Get clearer, sharper images. See more detail in shadows and highlights. And face detection uses the Neural Engine to adjust white balance and exposure for even more natural‑looking skin tones.
- Three-microphone array
Say “Hello” to mics that focus on your voice instead of what’s going on around you.
Go ahead. Take the keys.
When a keyboard types like a dream and still does a whole lot more: that’s magic. With new preprogrammed shortcuts, useful features are even easier to access. Get help from Siri, switch keyboard languages, respond with the perfect emoji, find documents with Spotlight — there’s so much you can do with just a tap. And the backlit keys with ambient light sensor help you type in low‑light settings.
- Scissor mechanism
The refined scissor mechanism delivers the best typing experience ever on a Mac notebook.
- Force Touch trackpad
Precise control with plenty of room to swipe, pinch, or zoom.
- Touch ID
One touch is all it takes to lock or unlock MacBook Air. Use your fingerprint to rent a movie, buy an app, or access things like secure documents or system settings without having to reenter your password. And when you shop online with Apple Pay, Touch ID fills in your shipping and billing information without sharing your card details.
Charges, chats, streams, works, and plays well with others.
- Wi-Fi 6
The next generation of Wi‑Fi isn’t just faster — it keeps MacBook Air going strong even as more and more devices join the network.
- Thunderbolt / USB 4
Ultra‑high bandwidth meets ultra‑versatility. Thunderbolt enables data transfer, charging, and video output all through a single port — and MacBook Air has two of them.
- Retina display
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
- 400 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
Battery and Power
- Apple M1 chip
- 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 7-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
Charging and Expansion
- Up to 15 hours wireless web
- Up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Built-in 49.9‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 8GB unified memory
- Configurable to 16GB
Keyboard and Trackpad
- 256GB SSD
- Configurable to 512GB SSD, 1TB, or 2TB
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:Audio
- One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Size and Weights
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: −13° to 113° F (−25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Height: 0.16–0.63 inch (0.41–1.61 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 pounds (1.29 kg)
macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Big Sur introduces a bold new design and major updates to apps — taking macOS to a new level of power and beauty
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Features include:
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
Voice Memos /
Photo Booth /
App Store /
Time Machine /
Find My /
In the Box
- MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)